Pages

The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012)

"There's something you need to know about me. 
I came from the garden. Please don't ask about my leaves."


I really enjoyed this movie. A great family film, I was surprised by its depth. This film and its concept may appear odd from the trailers and ads, but let me assure you, if you watch this movie for yourself, it's very touching and heartwarming. Joel Edgerton and Jennifer Gardner are simply wonderful as the two parents who make their dream of having a child come true. On the surface, Timothy Green might appear to be a feel good film about parent-child relationships and how everyone has value. If one digs a little, however, he may find more tenaciously rooted messages. Watching this film really helped me look at life in a whole different aspect and how important family truly is. 
Filled with funny performances and a touching ending, I was really drawn to the attention to detail in this film. I found myself thinking about the blessings of rain, sunshine, and corny jokes at the dinner table and hoping that there would be more movies to help me see how wonderful and odd life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment